Easter 2020 is going to be one for the books, y'all. Easily, this Easter will be one that we and our families will talk about for the rest of our lives. It's not likely we'll experience many like this. And, for the most part, that's obviously a very good thing. But I'm choosing to believe that it's not only *not* bad that this Easter will be so different, but dare I say that it might be for our *good*.
Come, let us return to the Lord. For he has torn us, and he will heal us; he has wounded us, and he will bind up our wounds. He will revive us after two days, and on the third day he will raise us up so we can live in his presence. Let us strive to know the Lord. His appearance is as sure as the dawn. He will come to us like the rain, like the spring showers that water the land. Hosea 6:1-3
In days when the hustle and bustle is all but removed, when we are face to face with our weakness, there's a sweetness to the assurance that after three days He rose, gifting us with His living presence in our lives. And the promise that He will not only meet us in our need today, but He will come again, "as sure as the dawn." I don't know about you, but maybe now like never before in our lives as Americans we are
So let's celebrate, right?!?! The One who conquered sin *and* death is worthy, He is worthy.
Here are four simple ideas to help you create a precious time of celebrating this Easter as we rejoice that He is alive.
1) For an easy and inexpensive way to add a little Easter truth to your home this year, gather the family and make this quick DIY banner! Hang it up early to enjoy during Lent or Holy week, or save it for the big morning as an added surprise!
Trust me, it's easy!
- Download printable
- Print on your home printer
- Cut along shadowed edges
- Hole punch both top corners of each pendant
- String twine/string through holes
- Hang in a spot for everyone to enjoy or in your kiddo's room!
He Is Risen Easter Pendant Banner
2) Make these de-li-cious Resurrection Rolls on Easter morning! As you make them, read the account of His resurrection in John 19 and pray, thanking Him for His obedience on your behalf and the forgiveness extended to you. If you have children, consider reading this account out of the Jesus Storybook Bible with them!
3) Consider a special Easter menu! Even what we serve at our table that day can point to a Risen Savior. Incorporate your family into the conversation as you discuss the reason for each dish set before them! And then I would encourage you to make some of these a tradition for you to mark this celebration every year!
4) Choose gifts for those you love that encourage their hearts towards Truth! Let's honor the One that is the Giver of this celebration by giving gifts that rejoice in the work He has accomplished on our behalf and for His glory! Here are some easy and affordable ideas:
- For the man in your life: I can't encourage the use of something like this enough! This set simplifies Bible intake and prayer and creates an easy way to toss one book of the Bible into a backpack for quick access at work, a coffee shop, between appointments, etc. Plus it is a great generational/legacy piece that can be passed down to children and grandchildren!
- For the children in your life: TBH, we don't go crazy with Easter gifts. We try to buy one gift for each little one that points them to the true meaning of the day. This year I grabbed this book for our will-be 8-mo-old, this one for our will-be 18-mo-old, this one for our 5 year old, and this one for our 6 year old. Reading to your kids is such a precious time. And I get giddy when it not only encourages their hearts, but mine, in truth!
- For your momma, bestie, sister: Not that we need an excuse to spur our best girls on with love and truth, but I love this necklace for a reminder that He has promised us new life! It's a sweet way to remind ourselves of that promise throughout the year! Or this book, one of my absolute favorites. I can't recommend it enough!
- For yourself: You can't beat a gift that will minister to your heart and mind 365 days a year! A total must. Or this gorgeous Bible for the special spot in your house where you meet with the Lord (even if that means it sits right next to your bed!) This is the at-home study Bible I use and I think you'll love it too! It's got great little study tools throughout!
Praying you find joy in His presence this Easter Sunday. xx, Crystal