Summer living means easy, fun, practical styles that don't keep you from having the *most* fun. Whether you work in or out of your home, you probably spend more time "playing" this time of year than any other! Weekends at the lake, evenings at the park, and all the vacation you can get. But most women don't realize these items can come from a boutique clothing store... keep on reading for our tips on how to find these summer essentials:
So let's talk about wardrobe essentials that you will love living in this summer. Make all the memories, sister! And while you do, stay cute, stay comfy. Right?
Starting with the piece that most outfits are built upon, let's chat tops. In the summer, tops absolutely must be lightweight, flowy, hide all the pools of sweat, and not add to said "pools". Here are my top picks for building a strong foundation for your wardrobe:
1) Clark Hi-Low Tank - a girl can never have enough stripes. And black and white stripes? Forget it, the best neutral. Take it from casual to chic depending on what you pair it with! This look never goes out of style.
2) Layla Chambray Tank - when I think of summer, I think of this top. If you're asking me, chambray is another classic neutral. And this one, I can't even with all of the details. But most importantly, the a-line cut and lightweight fabric won't be stuffy and clingy in the summer heat. Sign. Me. Up.
3) Jane Eyelet Top - the dreamiest for those fun summer occasions. Concerts, trips to the farmer's market, your best girl's birthday brunch. And white eyelet is timeless! No doubt every closet needs a little of this classic touch.
4) Brielle Babydoll Tank - it's grey. Nuff said? No, but really. A babydoll tank is a flattering and breezy way to stay comfy in the summer heat. And grey goes with everything. E-very-thing.
5) Elodie Ruffle Tee - a fun twist on a basic white tee, this top takes any simple style up a notch. And it goes with anything! Shorts, skirts, pants, overalls. All of the above. Plus it's breathable. Yes, (pretty) please.
6) Jeter Baseball Tee - for all the fun that's to be had this summer, this little gem is a delight. There's nothing wrong with living your summer days in a comfy tee, especially one that has just the right about of detail to keep it feeling special. Need something for fireworks on the 4th? Here she is.
Summertime means accepting all adventures thrown your way. And to do that most comfortably, some adorably cute and comfortable shorts are a must. Here are some suggestions for every day wear:
7) Palmer Boyfriend Shorts - what is summer without your favorite pair of denim shorts to live in?!? Whether you pair them with your favorite graphic tee, or dress them up with a casual blouse, these will go with you to all of the places, experiencing all the things. Cheers to that.
8) Saylor Mom Shorts - every summer wardrobe needs some white denim. The side slits make these little gals too much fun and absolutely add to their comfort and practicality. The distressing on these cute gals make them easy to dress up or down all summer long.
9) Jaime Drawstring Shorts - looking for a pair of shorts that will take you from pool time to nap time to work-from-home time to park time to road trip time? Here you have them. The dreamiest fabric, the must comfortable cut.
In summertime, keep your footwear simple and versatile! Choosing styles that can easily go from day to night takes the fuss out of getting dressed. Have a pair of brown sandals and black sandals and you're set no matter the outfit! Here are two comfy and cute options:
10) Kendra Leather Slides - lightweight and simple for the style-win! These girls will pair with anything from your jean shorts to your favorite dress. We love a shoe that works for you!
11) Giada Leather Slides - since this season is all about going out and having fun, comfort is key! These cuties check all the boxes. Great neutral, cushioned insole, real leather, and easily stay on your feet.
For those summer concerts and girl's nights out, grab a few comfortable rompers and dresses to spice things up. I'm not sure there's a season where dresses are more appealing than the hot days of summer. Quite possibly the best way to stay cool. And rompers...sister...one piece and you're golden. Here are some versatile options that feel special but that are also practical for every day.
12) Shiloh Tank Dress - your LBD for the summer. This girl feels like wearing you're wearing a favorite tank, but can easily take you from hanging at home to a date night out. The perfect blend of casual chic. Yes, honey.
13) Brandy Button Up Romper - the magical romper that flatters every figure. This fabric is a dream and the functioning buttons make wearing it a a breeze. Plus, it's nursing friendly! That's what I'm talking about, momma.
14) Alice Tie Dress - we're not sure it gets much better than a sweet little dress like this. Wear it to a backyard party, a late graduation celebration, for family photos, or to your favorite foodie spot with the fam. The silhouette is to die for and the functioning buttons and ties make it nursing friendly and easily adjustable for any height!
Happy summer-ing, sister.